Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Book Three? Check

I just finished Frankenstein and I really enjoyed it.  The ending was obviously sad, but it managed to wrap up the story very well.  As I approached the end, I realized that in my rush to begin reading I had skipped the essential prologue.  I went back, read it, then finshed the book.  The entire story of Victor Frankenstein is contained within a small bracket story about a captain discovering Victor and recording his tale.  Needless to say, the ending made much more sense once I went back.  Overall, I thought it was a great book and would recommend it to anyone (unless you're impatient and simply cannot manage to finish a classic and will therefore insist that I recommend bad books . . . cough . . . cough)  The fact that I liked it has encouraged me to continue reading classics. Next up is A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court and, hopefully, it will be just as good.  I don't know much about it except that its a satire about knights.  I like stories about King Arthur and sarcasm, so it should be good.  I read The Once and Future King my freshman year and liked it, despite the opinions of my classmates, and since the premise is similiar, I hope I enjoy this as well.  I've got a lot of reading to do this week!  I have to finish Crime and Punishment by Friday and The Things They Carried by Monday.  Talk about stressful.  But hey, better than science - I wouldn't want to end up like Victor Frankenstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment