Friday, November 11, 2011

Finally

During the course of this semester, what kind of reading did you do?
This semester I read two classics, one bizarre book, and one pop fiction.  They were very different, but I enjoyed them all.

Was it easy to find things that interested you?
Yes.  I know what I like to read, so it wasn't a challenge.

Did you have trouble finding something you could stick with?
No, I finished all of the books, even though there were occasionally dull parts.

How did you choose the things you read?
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius was a book that Mr. Hill had sitting on the shelf to recommend to the students.  I liked the title and asked him about it.  He recommended it, so I borrowed it from his classroom.
The Magicians and Mrs. Quent was a book I purchased on sale when Mitchel Books went out of business.  I read the inside cover and liked how it sounded.
Frankenstein was a classic I bought after watching the musical.  I liked the story and wanted to read the book.
A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court is a book I bought because I love both King Arthur stories and satire.  Seemed promising.

Did you have trouble meeting the weekly page quota?
I was crunched for time, but it was never an option not to finish.  I ended up reading about 50 pages a night the Wednesday and Thursday before it was due since I was reading for Novels the other days.  It was a lot, but I made sure that every week I accomplished my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment