Thursday, August 25, 2011

My Lattice

Today, as I was reading A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius, I came across a passage about a person's "lattice."  It didn't make sense to me at first, but as I continued to read, Eggers explained it as the connections every person has.  The people you know, the people they know, and the people those people know are all included in your lattice.  Theoretically, each lattice encompassses the entire world and, if every part of it joined together, we could accomplish anything.  Naturally, this got me thinking about my own lattice (Here is where I cleverly connect my own life to my reading.  See how I did that?).  For me, the most important connections I have are my family and friends.  This summer was fantastic because I was able to spend a lot of time with these people.  I traveled to England and made new friends with Mr. Clough's class, reconnected with my friend from Spain who visited, and basically spent most of my summer at pool parties and bonfires with my friends.  I had a great time and I am very lucky to have my particular lattice.  My activities (including marching band, tap dancing, and fencing) have allowed me to meet people I really care about, and now, I truly believe my lattice could accomplish anything - if only we quit having fun and focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment